In the case of a Manual upgrade (where the upgrade via the UI has failed), this document describes the appropriate steps. The commands below will show the two versions required to be provided on the command lines, Old and New. Please contact the CloudSphere Support team to confirm the versions required (if you are unsure of these values).
Please note, that the article documents the appliance upgrade from version 4.6.2226 (Old) to 4.6.2839 (the latest version as of Oct 2022). As you upgrade different versions, you will be required to change the versions in the commands accordingly. The version of the appliance server can be identified in the CloudSphere UI.
Steps to upgrade manually
- Connect to the appliance using SSH and log in as the appliance admin user (“iquate”)
- Execute the following command to generate the list of versions associated with the docker images that are.
sudo docker images
- An example output is provided below and the output of date version of the appliance server is highlighted.
- Pull down a new version of the appliance server image using the following command
# This retrieves the server appliance version 4.6.2839 (the new version)
sudo docker pull registry.iq1.cloudsphere.com/iqcloud-discovery/server-appliance:4.6.2839
sudo docker images
- The next thing we need to do is tag the appliance (tagging identifies the install to use as the new Image)
- Execute the tagging command
docker tag registry.iq1.cloudsphere.com/iqcloud-discovery/server-appliance:4.6.2839 harbor.ad.cloudsphere.com/iqcloud-discovery/appliance-server:4.6.2839
For Any legacy environments update process we need to check below:
sudo more /opt/docker/appliance-stack.yml
sudo sed -i "s|server-appliance:4.6.1784|server-appliance:4.6.2839|g" /opt/docker/appliance-stack.yml
sudo more /opt/docker/appliance-stack.yml | grep "server-appliance:"
|--------------------------- End of Legacy environment update ---------------------------|
- Now we just need to stop the appliance processes
sudo /opt/docker/stop-appliance-stack.sh true
- Start the appliance processes